Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There are so many reasons behind wanting to get published, it amazes me. Money and fame seem to be at the top of the list for a lot of people. But I don't believe that's enough. Never mind talent. If you aren't writing from your heart, with love for the written word, and all the dedication that goes along with putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, as the case may be), then you won't get far.

What motivates me? I went to the doctor yesterday for a much overdue physical. Everything came back normal.. except for my EKG, which came up abnormal. So now I have to get an Echocardiogram. The doctor told me it's probably nothing, and not to worry about it, but that's a lot easier said than done.

Before yesterday, I would have said my motivation was to write a novel. But I want to be published. Not for money, not for fame. I want to see my name on the spine of a work I created. Oh, I wouldn't mind enough money to pad our single income, I'm not insane. But it's not the end game. The end game is publication. And that end game is a little more urgent today than it was two days ago. Because not knowing what the future holds is frightening when there might be something wrong with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment