Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maid is complete!

'Maid of Sherwood' is officially through its first draft, and is now in the hands of my 'beta readers'. In some ways, I think now is the hardest part. It's like watching a child go off to school for the very first time. You've done the research, you've prepared yourself as best as you can.. but eventually your novel has to leave for the 'real world'. 'Maid' is now in the very capable, trustworthy hands of 'real' people. People who aren't novelists by trade. People who are readers. It's a frightening thing.
I've begun on my next novel, however, while waiting for critiques. I was afraid I would be a 'one hit wonder', but I'm less worried about that now. I think I've found my niche. I'm happy writing young adult. I still have the novel of my heart to write.. and that won't be YA. It might not ever be published. But that's okay. That one'll be written for me.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so excited for you! And I'm even more excited I'm a beta reader! Congrats! And write more on the new one.. loving it! Jenni

    ReplyDelete