Thursday, October 22, 2009

NaNoWriMo Rewrite

And it all goes south for the winter. HA!

My hero doesn't become known in chapter FOUR, like I originally (originally, as in 'last THREE drafts!') had.. Nope. He comes in at Chapter TWO! What?? Why? When'd that happen?!

Good grief! At the rate I'm going, this thing is going to become an anchor around my neck!

I know, as an author, it is very possible to edit yourself into oblivion. I know at some point, somehow, somewhere, you just have to step back and say 'That's it. I'm done.' And I'd love to be at the point. I thought I was at that point. But no-one was feeling the heat/electricity/attraction between my heroine and her hero. That's unacceptable.
The problem was.. no-one point blank said it. I got a lot of critiques saying 'I'm not really buying it,' or 'I want more detail', but no-one, until Nikki (thanks, Nikki!) said 'This is what it isn't. This is the impression people are getting of your hero. Is that really what you're shooting for? Think epic!'
Ohh.. so THAT'S what I should do! Yeah. Okay. I can do that. And it wasn't as painful a process as I thought it'd be. Just took some tweaking.

But every single chapter from here on out has to be 'adjusted' for M knowing RH. Yeah. I can do this.

By the way.. does anyone have any good 'fairy' names they can toss my way? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment